Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
The next Directors Election for Harris County WCID 99 will be held on May 2, 2020.
- Monte Lee Cooper – President – May 5, 2018 – May 7, 2022 (E)
- Billy Ray Fritsche – Vice President – May 5, 2018 – May 7, 2022 (E)
- Edward James Jensen – Secretary/Treasurer/Investment Officer – May 1, 2016 – May 1, 2020 (E)
- Tim Evans – Assistant Secretary – May 1, 2016 – May 1, 2020 (E)
- Charles Richardson – Director/Operations Maintenance Officer – May 5, 2018 – May 7, 2022 (E)
First Day to file for General Election Ballot: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Deadline for filing General Election Ballot: Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Election Date: May 2, 2020
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
For more information on election dates, visit the Secretary of State website at:
For interested candidates:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. Application for a place on The General Election Ballot can be found on the Texas Secretary of State website at: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf
To be qualified to serve as a Director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district. (Texas Water Code 54.102)
To review the General Requirements for Application in its entirety, please see (Texas Election Code 141.031).
To review the Disqualification of Directors in its entirety, please see (Texas Water Code 49.052).
Candidate Application Filing Location:
Johnson Petrov LLP
2929 Allen Parkway, Suite 3150
Houston, Texas 77019